Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Look but Don't Touch

This was a fun painting I did in a similar style as one of my favorite painters from Spain.  Lots of hidden messages here.  I felt the banner was a bit Frieda Kahlo-ish.  There will be words in Spanish or French on the banner that will say something like "touch at your own risk", or "love is a battleground" - wait!  That's a song!  Possibly the title could be "my love is my weapon" - not a good message to put out in the Universe, so that one might not work (someone else's idea).  Maybe "proceed with caution" would be a good title.  Anyway, I'm going to put the constellation of pisces formation in the sky, in the background.  The butterflies are not yet painted in, as is the gun, or her face.  It was a practice painting and her body is a bit long, there's not alot of detail yet, but it's a work in progress.  Enjoy!  I think going forward I'll paint couples instead of females alone.  That's another Universe thing.  :)  In this case I used M. Graham water soluable oil paints and walnut oil.  Very nice.
 
24x30 Graham water soluable oil on gallery wrapped canvas
 


No comments:

Post a Comment